Centre for Rural Health, University of Aberdeen
Involvement in ITTS
The Centre for Rural Health (CRH) in Inverness, was Lead Partner for the ITTS project, working closely with NHS Highland, NHS Orkney, Glasgow School of Art and the Scottish Centre for Telehealth and Telecare to implement telemedicine solutions, at scale, and in a sustainable manner, into everyday practice.
- Smartphones for Tracking Physical Activity (Patient Information Leaflet)
- Smartphones and Internet Support for Diabetes
- Smartphones for Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Remote support in Medical and Social Care Emergencies
- Remote Exercise Classes for Rehabilitation (Patient Information Leaflet)
- Home-based Service Delivery for Patients with Multimorbidity
Meet the Team
Back: (left to right) Gerry King, Lee Dowie, Prof Alasdair Munro, David Heaney, Dr Robert Peel, Dr Leila Eadie, Dr Sandra MacRury
Front: (left to right) Gillian Galloway, Emma Coats, Beatrice Wood, Cathy Dorrian
The Centre for Rural Health (University of Aberdeen) has previous experience in NPP projects including Competitive Health, O4O, Extreme WeatherConditions and OLE. CRH interests include health of rural people, delivery of services in remote & rural areas and eHealth.
This project demonstrated academic and service provider collaboration. The Centre for Rural Health worked closely with Associate Partners, NHS Highland and NHS Orkney who contributed staff time to ensure that the demonstrator projects in Scotland were delivered.
To ensure service provider involvement and vertical integration the following organisations were also associated with the project:
- Scottish Centre for Telehealth and Telecare (SCTT)
- Scottish Government
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE)
- University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI)
ITTS also fed into the P4 Digital Future of Health Care Agenda being developed by Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
ITTS Scotland invited to present at 52nd Annual Conference of Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering (JSMBE)
Visit our Events section for further information