To determine whether the demonstrator projects have worked, and quantifying the cost savings.
This work package will evaluate the demonstrator projects across the region using common methods, and utilising available toolkits. A researcher will coordinate activity across the partner countries. The methods for evaluation will include:
- use of an evaluation toolkit to measure readiness before implementation, and the impact of change after implementation
- an analysis of health service activity before and after implementation
- Interviews with stakeholders
- a health economics analysis
- surveys of staff and patients
- socio-economic scenarios modelling the impact of further roll out of telemedicine
Alongside the final report, a guide with an interactive checklist will be produced for policymakers and service planners, entitled Telemedicine Into Everyday Practice.
- A comparative evaluation of the pilots will demonstrate whether the projects have worked, show cost savings, and produce socio-economic scenarios modelling the impact of further roll out of telemedicine into everyday practice.
- A guide and interactive checklist Telemedicine Into Everyday Practice.